It is getting a bit cooler here in Atlanta. Before long, it will be time to head up to Dillard to get a pumpkin.
First off, yet another reminder that you should add me on Google+.
College football is in full swing. The big college football drama has been the conference realignment…and where we end up. The Pac 10 has said it is standing pat. The SEC is adding Texas A&M so far. The ACC has signed up Rutgers and Syracuse. I am sure that more dominoes are going to fall in the coming months, even though Missouri has apparently
said they are staying put or not.
We had a dinner at Bocado this week. I had high hopes for the place, but we left pretty disappointed. There was one table seated when we came in. Another came in shortly after we did. They got their food about 1o minutes before us. There was at least 40 minutes between the apps and the mains, it was totally inexcusable. My steak was good. I ate the entire thing. Lindsey got the sole, and she was less than impressed. The place is he same price point as The Shed. We should have gone there instead.
I also figure that if I am going to slam Bocado I should also tell you that we had a great lunch at Local Three this week. I had the McDowell Burger – their take on a Big Mac. It was a good meal.
Petit is right around the corner. This will be the first time in years I have not made it. I will not miss the race as much as I will miss the good friends that I have made there in years past. There will be more cars than spots, so qualifying should be great. You can catch all the action on Radio LeMans. The race will actually be on TV this year. I will be watching at home while I babysit Sarah Kate. Lindsey is off to see her mom get married in Myrtle Beach.
My wife is on my ass to pick out a birthday present. I have no idea what I want.
- I think that ESPN has completely given up on afternoon programming.
- On the positive side of things…My old colleague Pete Davis is doing a kickass job on his sports blog.
- Owl Jones is a Georgia guy who has an awesome fishing blog.
- Here is my music post from earlier
- This new show with Jim Caviezel may not last…but the first episode was great.
- Spotify is also cool, and free for a while with a new signup.
- I am working up the list of side dishes for Thanksgiving. Spinach and parsnips will go for a test run next week.