It has been just a bit over a week since my last post. I was hoping to be more regular than that…but I got a curve ball last week with some health issues. Doc is still looking to see if there is anything still amiss, but I feel tons better this week.
Sarah Kate and I had a nice dad-daughter weekend while L. went to her Mom’s wedding in Myrtle Beach. We had a great time at home, watched some of the race
(more on that on the way) and some college football, mixed in with some bubble-blowing, Moe’s-eating, car-riding and house-playing.
I have been using some new news tools over the past week or so. Some of them (Zite) are iPad only, while others (SkyGrid) are for iPad or Android. I find them a nice way to keep tabs on stories that you care about.
The oxford comma discussion was followed by some new chatter on the one space vs. two at the end of a sentence. Truth be told, I am a two space guy who has really been working to become a one space guy. You may actually find some double spaces in this post…even though I am doing my best to stick to one. I guess I am in the in-between age that learned to use a keyboard on a real typewriter. We also had computer classes, but all we learned there was how to program in BASIC (with maybe a bit of FORTRAN).
At this point I went off into a tangent about Petit Le Mans. I turned it into a separate, stand-alone post. Go read it if you haven’t (and if you care).
- SI has a really cool photo blog – think The Big Picture – but for sports.
- Speaking of Photos – John Thawley’s Petit photo album is up – a must-see even if you are not a race fan
- 5 things you need to stop posting on Facebook.
- Creamy Smoky Whipped Rutabega – Rutabegas are a must at our house – usually with steak. We will be giving this version a try.
- Loaded Bacon Popcorn
- Cream Cheese Cookies
- Trout Underground has a nice piece on growing the sport of fly fishing through bluegills (and smallies) I think it is a great idea.
- Fishing to stay sane went on a trip for Reds and Sheepshead. I can’t think of anything better.
- Oh and finally…My college football coach hero – can also dance.