I have been hoarding links to share for a post for a while now. I just have not had a lot of spare time for posting. The news of Toyota to Le Mans has made this a racing-heavy post. But there is also stuff for everyone.
Looks like we are headed for some
nice storms harmless thunder this afternoon and evening. Not like we can’t use the rain, but we can do without the severe stuff.
We will be Headed up to the mountains on Monday. We get to go back to Osage Farms in Dillard to get our pumpkin. I hear that the leaves are putting on quite a show and are near peak color in the upper elevations. We are not going all the way up, but we should still get a nice view. Reports say that the leaves are outstanding up near Highlands, so that should be worth a look.
So the big story on Friday: Toyota to Le Mans officially announced. This has been all but confirmed for a while, but it is great to see that everyone is gunning for the new World Endurance Championship. So now we have Audi, Peugeot, Toyota and Aston Martin (with rumors of Porsche and Bentley also floating around). Nissan has been dabbling for a while, and
I would not be surprised to see them step up eventually have annouced as well. They do have a history at Le Mans. By the way, The Toyota is easy on the eyes.
Murphy the bear is also talking about ALMS schedules, Ferrari and Corvette in his latest entry. Also this week, next year’s techincal regulations have been unveiled…the petrol cars should close the gap to the diesels once again.
- Dry Flies and Fat Tires visits the high country – Great photos, and a post that reads almost like a poem.
- The Fiberglass Manifesto hits up Georgia’s Flint River for some shoal bass.
- NCAA Football surrenders to the SEC
- These are some strange comments from Greg McGarity regarding Mark Richt.
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Parsley and Sage
- The Road To Better Risotto
- Cocktail 101: Five Essential Bourbon Cocktails